by definition gil.ly.flow.er n. 1. any of several old world plants cultivated for their brightly colored flowers. 2. Eurasian plant with pink to purple spice scented usually doubled flowers; widely cultivated in many varieties and many colors.

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

battle won


Today we meet in the mudroom.
 I use that term loosely because my mudroom is more of a narrow hallway that looses even more square footage each winter with snow pants and boots crowding the space.  I'm sure you are now very curious as to why I am discussing this silly little room?  Last summer I broke the light fixture chasing down a bug...  don't ask.  I knew I couldn't run out and buy a new one, so I improvised.  I have to say that I almost like it better than what was there before.  I like the way the light leaking out the top makes the ceiling glow.  Don't you just love it when a bunch of broken glass and a brutal battle with a tiny little bug turns into something great?  



I just happened to have this very large lampshade sitting unused downstairs. 


A few strategically placed zip-ties later and we were all better.    

No comments:

Post a Comment