by definition gil.ly.flow.er n. 1. any of several old world plants cultivated for their brightly colored flowers. 2. Eurasian plant with pink to purple spice scented usually doubled flowers; widely cultivated in many varieties and many colors.

Monday, January 31, 2011

all you need is a cape


This is something I made for the little two last spring when their old capes weren't "working" any longer.
I did offer one to the big one, but it seems as though he is too old to wear a cape.

I used the same gold thrifted fabric for both and added a
flower sheet for hers
and a dark manly sheet for his.
She wanted her letter
and he wanted a lightning bolt.

They are reversible and both super heroes seem to use both sides equally.
I eyeballed the basic shape of the capes and made them up as I went.
I used velcro for the closure, although I have seen magnets used which I think is a safer choice.
They were very simple and quick to make and they are still well used to this day
sans the wind as we are still buried deep in snow.

No comments:

Post a Comment