by definition gil.ly.flow.er n. 1. any of several old world plants cultivated for their brightly colored flowers. 2. Eurasian plant with pink to purple spice scented usually doubled flowers; widely cultivated in many varieties and many colors.

Thursday, February 2, 2012

a bed for hazel

Dog beds are expensive, and the cute ones are really expensive!

I wanted one I could wash, and something simple.
I found a small quilted blanket at the thrift store.
I had a sheet (for the back) in my stash at home as well as some memory foam.

All it is is a big pillow sham. 
I cut the sheet to size,
allowing a little extra to finish the exposed edges
and cutting it longer to allow for an overlap in the middle to slide the memory foam into.
It was a fast project, and she loves it!
The kids love it too, the memory foam is really comfortable.
I think it would be really cozy for arthritic and older dogs as well.
(If you prefer a puffy look, just use fiber fill.)

No comments:

Post a Comment